As a marketer in 2020 you understand that it’s imperative to have a website for your business. Unfortunately, websites aren’t something you can “set and forget” and require constant maintenance and adjustments.
The list below outlines 8 improvements you can make to your website that will help elevate it to the next level.
1. Implement Chatbots and Live Chat
- Instant two-way communication means a faster and more efficient customer journey on your website and social media.
- With the right marketing chatbot, you can answer frequently asked questions, qualify leads, set meetings and so much more.
- Assign a team member to manage the chatbot. The ‘canned’ responses are great, but chatbots are most effective if a real person is on the other end answering questions in real time.
- Consider creating a chatbot strategy before implementation. This will help with consistency and overall success.
2. Measure your Marketing
- Research and choose a visitor tracking software that shows how people are using your website. Google Analytics is a great tool to consult before making assumptions and changes.
- Facts, rather than opinions, make your decisions for website changes more scalable.
3. Become a Video Expert
- Getting in front of the camera is the trend of 2020.
- Integrate videos on your website by creating video teasers for blog articles, welcome videos, meet the team videos and thank you videos etc. The ideas are endless!
4. Create a ‘YOU’ Statement
- People coming to your website will immediately know what you do, how you do it, for whom and where. These are all things they need to know in order to build, trust and start the conversation with your company.
- Using the word “you” immediately on your website gives the user an opportunity to envision themselves as your customer.
5. Become a Content Machine
- Double down on content, especially blogging.
- It is important to remember quality over quantity. Write stories that are relevant to your readers and on the correct platform. Consider the customer journey and serve them where they are.
- Quality content creation is crucial for business growth in 2020.
6. Focus on User Experience
- Think about the user experience and how one travels through your website. How can this be edited to create as few barriers as possible?This will increase consumer satisfaction, bring them back to your website and help with consumer loyalty towards your brand.
7. Optimize for Mobile
- Be strategic. Don’t fill your homepage with content simply to fill a page. Get to the point and give readers what they need.
- Consumers are constantly doing research on their phones, so make sure the mobile experience fits with smaller screens.
8. Get Social
- Ensure your social icons and handles can be found easily on your website.
- Use social media to listen for things that are happening in your industry.
- Consider how and where you should respond. Work on sharing content that reinforces your position as a leader.
BONUS – Optimize your ‘Google My Business’ listing
- This is essential information to improve your local SEO.
- Schedule time to give regular attention to this information.
- Start producing content for Google Posts.
- Use these posts as selling tools. Think feature promotions or a new product.
- Repost every seven days. (Each post expires after a week.)
- Ensure you actively log into your GMB account to post often. Treat it like one of your social media platforms.