Modern PR – Self-Guided Online
A thorough examination of what public relations is, how it’s been turned on its head in recent years and why it’s now anyone’s game. We identify the reasons why it is now more difficult than ever to get your story in front of a journalist, and why it’s also so imperative – and easier, in fact – to take matters into your own hands. You will learn to shape your own brand story, grow your audience, and create a loyal tribe of fans, followers and customers through both traditional media relations tactics and cutting-edge modern day strategies.
This online course is #1 of 4 in our virtual Public Relations Certificate program, and can be taken alone or as part of the certificate.
Upon completion of all 4 courses and the associated course requirements, your certificate will be issued, along with our utmost congratulations and continued support.
Register for this online course, and receive 12 months unlimited access to a suite of learning videos, program guides, workbooks, templates and tactical tools – constantly updated and forever keeping you at the top of your game.
Upon registration, you will immediately receive login credentials for your Social School Course Dashboard, where all course materials can be found. Bookmark that page, login at any time, and let your learning begin!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Location Virtual
- Timing Daytime
- Goodbye to the status quo, and hello to the New PR World Order
- How digital media has forever changed the public relations landscape
- The evolving face, space and pace of traditional media
- Why flux = opportunity and successful PR is now anyone’s game
- Public Relations today: Traditional tactics meet new technologies
- Imperative annual planning strategies
- The number one tool in your kit
- Examining what public relations really is, anyway
- Inside the Industry: PR Jargon 101
- Asking yourself PR’s 2 most important questions, and why you can’t afford not to
- Remembering whose needs are most important
- Pressing Go: Knowing when you’re ready to leap, and where you want to land
- Becoming the master of your online domain
- What it really means to commit to the long haul
- Planning your approach
- Research, read, watch and prioritize your way to the best media and influencer database in town
- Your secret A, B and C lists, and when and where to put them into play
WHAT’S THE PLAN
WHY’S WORDS OF WISDOM