Search Engine Optimization – On Campus
Maximizing online visibility and putting the power of search engine optimization to use is a mountain the majority of today’s website-owning businesses, organizations and individuals are convinced they’ll never climb. With a basic understanding of how search engines work, however, the development of an effective, adaptable SEO strategy is not only possible, but extremely powerful.
At a time when simply cutting through the clutter and being found online is half the battle, proper use of keywords, titles, meta tags, search terms, sitemaps and beyond is an absolutely imperative piece of the marketing puzzle. Beyond that, identifying offsite link-building opportunities, optimizing user experience and measuring and reporting on what matters is now a necessary component of doing business.
This course will show you how to make search work for your brand, and exactly what to do to get found fast.
This is course #2 of 5 in our Digital Marketing Certificate program, and can be taken alone or as part of the complete certificate.
Friday, Nov. 30, 2018, 10am-4pm
Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019, 10am-4pm
Tuesday, May 7, 10am-4pm
Tuesday, Sept. 24, 10am-4pm
Tuesday, Nov. 26, 10am-4pm
CAN’T MAKE IT TO CLASS?
Take it online.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Location The Social School
- Timing Daytime
- Discover the basic principles of SEO, and where and how it fits into the sales funnel
- Understand search intent, and where your offering falls
- Learn the paid and organic elements, features and attributes of Search Engine Results Pages
- Discover the fundamentals of optimizing for mobile search
- Terms, tools and best practices for effective keyword research and strategy
- HTML basics and tricks of the trade for earning top SEO results
- Developing winning titles, tags and meta descriptions for your business or brand
- Maximizing keyword placements and on-page optimization
- Maximizing your site’s value endorsements through Link Equity and External Followed Links
- Using Link Explorer to evaluate links, and identifying meaningful offsite linking opportunities and tactics for landing them
- Awareness, impressions, conversion tracking and reporting
- Useful tools for your continued SEO implementation and improvement
a) FUNDAMENTALS AND FEATURES
b) KEYWORDS, TAGS AND TITLES
c) LINK BUILDING AND REPORTING