Storytelling – Self-Guided Online
From properly crafting your company story, key messaging, sales pitch and more, to honing in on what your branding, website, search results, print materials and past press coverage are saying about your business, this course poses the many tough questions that must be asked prior to drafting a noteworthy press release, while also ensuring it fits into your all-important annual communications calendar, strategy and plan. We dive deeply into the ‘why’ behind any kind of public announcement, be it a tweet, blog post or press conference, and force you to cut the clichés, eliminate the red tape, avoid the pitfalls of ‘Big PR’ and think like both an editor and end reader, with the goal of delivering the clearest and most compelling message possible in every last ounce of your outreach.
This online course is #2 of 4 in our virtual Public Relations Certificate program, and can be taken alone or as part of the certificate.
Upon completion of all 4 courses and the associated course requirements, your certificate will be issued, along with our utmost congratulations and continued support.
Register for this online course, and receive 12 months unlimited access to a suite of learning videos, program guides, workbooks, templates and tactical tools – constantly updated and forever keeping you at the top of your game.
Upon registration, you will immediately receive login credentials for your Social School Course Dashboard, where all course materials can be found. Bookmark that page, login at any time, and let your learning begin!
TAKE IT ONLINE
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Location Virtual
- Timing Daytime
- The number one most important element present in all great business writing
- How to think like a journalist, discern like a reader, critique like an editor
and write like a superstar
- Committing to ONE goal
- What your existing branding, website, press coverage and more are saying about your business
- Getting your ducks in a row, simplifying your summary and streamlining your speaking notes
- Website 101: Surefire ways to find yourself dead in the water before your boat leaves the dock
- Where does this particular announcement or campaign fit into your overall strategy and schedule?
- Knowing whether it’s press release-worthy, or if there’s a better platform to choose
- Revisiting the ‘why’ behind it, and every last supporting tweet, post, comment and discussion
- Sticking to your editorial calendar, planned publishing dates and PR commitments like glue
- Identifying and avoiding bad habits and poor practice
- How to know your product, company and audience inside and out, every single day of the year
- Making it easy on the media, potential customers and yourself
THE MESSAGE CRAFT
A CLICK CAN SAY 1,000 WORDS
PULLING FROM THE MASTER PLAN
AVOIDING THE PITFALLS OF BIG PR