Simply posting on social media is no longer sufficient. In order to ensure social media is a valid and useful tactic in our marketing strategy, we must examine and break down the analytics consistently.
By learning which platform, type of posts and time of day elicits the most impressions and engagement, we are able to narrow our focus and produce the type of content our viewers want.
If you’ve never checked your Instagram Insights – that’s okay. Now is as good a time as any to begin gathering data.
- To view insights into your overall Instagram account, start by visiting your profile.
- Then, at the top, click the icon of a bar chart, which will drop down.
- Choose the “insights” option.
- The content tab shows a general overview of posting behaviour.
- The audience tab dives into follower demographics, showing location, age, gender, and more.
- The activity tab breaks down into interactions and discovery.
- Interactions include Profile Visits, Website Clicks, and Get Directions.
- Discovery includes Reach and Impressions.